MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING February 28, 2019
A meeting of the Board of Directors was held at Noble High School in North Berwick, Maine on February 28, 2019 at 6:30 pm, with all members present except Mr. Price and Ms. Beal. There were 4 in the audience.
Mr. Doiron made the motion and it was seconded by Ms Potter to go into executive session, amended to 405(6)B Evaluation of Employee. In at 6:06 pm. Out at 7:19 pm.
The Vice Chair addressed the audience regarding the norms of Public Input.
Public Input: None at this time.
The minutes of February 14th were tabled until the next Board Meeting.
- Podcast has been approved. We are working with Mr. Russo and Mrs. Sanfacon to set up the logistics of it. We have a room and a camera and a script. Our goal is to spread awareness about the parts of the school that are not necessarily talked about. We also want to engage the school and give them something to come together to discuss.
- Chickenball Tournament is happening this coming Wednesday, March 6th. There are more teams necessary to make the tournament happen.
- There is an all school dance March 15 and an 8th grade dance on April 4.
- Ryan Home Project Fundraiser – need volunteers for a planning committee and to help run the event.
- Dress for Success Clothing Drive – need organizers for the clothing drive, collecting donations and the drive itself.
- Josh Cote earned a second straight state championship in Wrestling and he earned a fifth in New Englands.
The Superintendent then shared with the board a list of administrators to be nominated for their two year contracts and one year contracts.
Mr. Doiron made the motion and it was seconded by Ms. Mallett to extend contracts to the group of two year contract administrators. All members voted in favor and the motion passed.
Mr. Doiron made the motion and it was seconded by Ms. Schaeffer to extend contracts to the group of one year contract administrators. All members voted in favor and the motion passed.
The Superintendent then shared with the board an overview of the Budget Information as of today, Feb. 28, 2019. He walked them through the document and answered questions. Ms.Van Campen, Business Manager, shared with a the board a DRAFT 19/20 Revenue Projections.
NMS Building Pride received a donation of $1500 from the United Way of York County to purchase equipment for Noble Middle School/Building Pride. Mr. Doiron made the motion and it was seconded by Ms. Manley to accept the donation with gratitude. All members voted in favor and the motion passed.
Employment: None at this time
Other: None at this time.
Mr. Doiron made the motion and it was seconded by Ms. Potter to go into executive session for negotiations for Compensation of Officials/ Appointees/Employees Pursuant to Negotiations 1M.R.S.A. §405(6) (A) . All members voted in favor and the motion passed. In at 8:10 pm Out at 10:04pm.
Adjourned at 10:04pm.
Secretary of the Board