MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING April 13, 2017
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors was held at the Noble High School in North Berwick, Maine on April 13, 2017 at 7:00 pm, with all members present. There were 3 in the audience.
Ms. Hopper is the norms checker.
Ms. Olean is the time keeper
None at this time.
Ms. Olean made the motion and it was seconded by Ms. Potter to approve the minutes of April 6, 2017. All members voted in favor and the motion passed.
Student Report April 13, 2017
- The high school Chamber Choir and Jazz Band went on tour Wednesday, April 12. They visited Noble Middle School, Knowlton, Lebanon Elementary and North Berwick Elementary.
- Bob Marley performed at the high school Wednesday, April 12. The event made just a little over $1500 for the Class of 2017
- Spring Fling is the week after vacation, April 24 – 28. Each day will have a theme and prizes will be awarded for the best dressed. Here is the break down:
- Monday (4/24) Mix – Match Day: Dress in anything that clashes!
- Tuesday (4/25) College – Career Day: Any college…any career…you choose!
- Wednesday (4/26) Salad Dressing Day:
- 8th grade – Blue Cheese – wear blue
- 9th grade – Honey Mustard – wear yellow and black like bees
- 10th grade – Ranch – dress like a cowboy/cowgirl
- 11th grade – Thousand Island – dress like a pirate
- 12th grade – Caesar – wear your togas
- Thursday (4/27) America Day: USA! USA!
- Friday (4/28) Class Color War: Support your class for the pep rally!
- 8th grade – Neon
- 9th grade – White
- 10th grade – Maroon
- 11th grade – Gray
- 12th grade – Black
- Baseball Varsity has a game today at home vs Oyster River @4:30
- Boys lacrosse has a game at Portland on April 14, V@4:00, JV@5:30
The Superintendent then shared the draft 17/18 calendar. Clarifications were made regarding the early release and late start information. Mr. Smith made the motion and it was seconded by Ms. Potter to approve the calendar as presented with an adjustment regarding adding the notation regarding Early Release Days. All members voted in favor and the motion passed.
The Superintendent shared with the board some pictures regarding the grand opening of the Reading Nook at the Martha Sawyer Library in the Lebanon schools. Ms. Potter made the motion and it was seconded by Mr. Smith to adjourn the meeting. All members voted in favor and the motion passed.
Year to Date summary of funds and savings awarded- $433,000. Grant Summary
The superintendent offered an update on the ongoing hockey conversation. No decisions have been finalized at this time.
Ms. Potter made the motion and it was seconded by Mr. Smith to adjourn. All members voted in favor and the motion passed.
Adjourned at 7:15 pm.
Budget workshop ensued.